* [9fans]  fossil permission checking
@ 2008-08-07  0:10 Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2008-08-07  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm having some trouble setting up a terminal (which will become a cpu/auth server).
I've gotten the 9pccpuf kernel booted, and is running as the user bootes, but even from the server's console, if I type something as simple as "echo hi > /foo" I receive the message:

mounted directory forbids creation

I've basically followed the wiki pages on setting up a standalone auth/cpu server, though it's not getting me very far on the fossil side of things...  I chose all of the defaults during the install process,

Can someone give me a quick tip as to how to set up a new cpu/fossil user that can actually write to something other than their home directory?

Also, there's not exactly a command like UNIX's sudo, is there?

Thanks in advance!