* [9fans] 2nd Edition
@ 2008-08-18 21:15 Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2008-08-18 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm trying to track down a copy of the Nextstation kernel sources, but not having much luck.  Geoff Collyer informed me that Steve Jobs has personally said "no" to distribution of the sources except under the 2nd Edition license, and that therefore, my only option would be to acquire a used CD/manual set.  Are there many 2nd Edition licensees still on this list?  I really didn't want to have to post this, but since Bell Labs isn't selling these anymore, would anyone be willing to help me out?

Many thanks in advance!

-Ben

* Re: [9fans] 2nd Edition
@ 2008-08-19 12:57 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-08-19 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BHuntsman, 9fans

On Mon Aug 18 17:18:07 EDT 2008, BHuntsman@mail2.cu-portland.edu wrote:
> I'm trying to track down a copy of the Nextstation kernel sources, but not having much luck.
> Geoff Collyer informed me that Steve Jobs has personally said "no" to distribution of the sources
> except under the 2nd Edition license, and that therefore, my only option would be to acquire a
> used CD/manual set.  Are there many 2nd Edition licensees still on this list?  I really didn't want
> to have to post this, but since Bell Labs isn't selling these anymore, would anyone be willing to help me out?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

this setup reminds me of the story about the priest who, playing golf
against the orders of his superiors on sunday morning, hits a hole in one.

supposing you're successful in getting a licence and you do great things
with the next port.  who are you going to tell?

- erik

[parent not found: <a9b073dfb717cea36476a6f2086f56c9@quanstro.net>]