* [9fans] another webfs question
@ 2009-03-26 23:11 Mathieu
From: Mathieu @ 2009-03-26 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

It seems I'm hitting this error when sending some GET requests:

In /sys/src/cmd/webfs/url.c:

	if(strstr(url, "%00")){
		werrstr("escaped NUL in URI");
		return -1;
	}

I haven't fully understood the comment above, especially if it is against
the RFC to have an escaped NUL in an url, but this can actually happen,
at least with queries to a bittorrent tracker. For example when specifying
the info hash of a specific torrent when sending a scrape request:

http://bttracker.debian.org:6969/scrape?info_hash=%F1%AE%D2%E5%15%A0%BD%F1%41%54%9D%44%00%47%AB%97%81%2B%69%16
(13th char in the info hash is a NUL)

I get a reply to that one both with wget on linux or hget on plan 9,
while webfs gives the error from the code above.

So is it webfs that needs fixing for that case, or are the other tools
breaking some RFC with that?

Cheers,
Mathieu

* Re: [9fans] porting sam
@ 2009-04-03 18:00 Michael Teichgräber
From: Michael Teichgräber @ 2009-04-03 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

there is now a basically working port of the editor
sam from current plan9port available for Windows:
	http://ib.wmipf.de/pf9/sam.zip (*).

Most parts of the editor are working, including remote
functionality, or executing local commands.
The port is based on various libraries and
programs from p9p that have been adapted to run on
Windows, compiled with the MinGW compiler. Thanks
to Ben for testing the early versions.

Michael

*) sha1sum: 09c06199bba2aa63f7e8c59d70525e50dc378a93