* [9fans] Installation on disk-less laptops
@ 2013-07-15  9:02 faif
From: faif @ 2013-07-15  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have seen some tips here and there about installing Plan 9 on a disk-less computer but are there any guides? I have an eee pc 1000h and I am interested in installing Plan 9. Whether it will be the standard installation, 9atom, or something else is not very important. I just want to try Plan 9 on a non-vm environment.

* Re: [9fans] Installation on disk-less laptops
@ 2013-07-15 16:24 ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2013-07-15 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:02:28 GMT
faif <faifgnu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen some tips here and there about installing Plan 9 on a disk-less computer but are there any guides? I have an eee pc 1000h and I am interested in installing Plan 9. Whether it will be the standard installation, 9atom, or something else is not very important. I just want to try Plan 9 on a non-vm environment.

i booted a 1005ha from usb the other day, but there wasn't a driver for the ethernet, which put a stop to actual use. (i have other hardware, so it wasn't a priority.) you can't always tell what will work in a different model though. i use 9front myself, it's well-maintained. it works particularly well on many thinkpads, if you have one of those.

https://code.google.com/p/plan9front/wiki/KnownWorkingHardware

--
Developing the austere intellectual discipline of keeping things
sufficiently simple is in this environment a formidable challenge,

* Re: [9fans] Installation on disk-less laptops
@ 2013-07-15 17:58 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2013-07-15 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs