* [9fans] WiFi for Plan9
@ 2016-01-29  3:20 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2016-01-29  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

I have installed plan9(9front) to EeePC 901 so that I can test IPv6 from wan side.
aux/wpa works fine.
however I don’t know how to switch to other essid.
I tryed:
 	Kill wpa
	ip/ipconfig unbind
	Kill ipconfig
but these operations doesn’t help go back to starting point.
now I reboot and reconnect to other essid.
anyone knows better way?

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] WiFi for Plan9
@ 2016-01-30 21:37 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-01-30 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

aux/wpa doesnt need to be restarted really. it uses factotum to derive
the psk using the current essid read from the wifi drivers ifstats file.
so to switch essid's you can just set essid with echo essid XXXX > /net/etherX/clone
or the ctl file. (note, you can read the ifstats file to see the list of ap's it found).

if you run a key prompter like aux/fgui, it should prompt for the
password. otherwise you need to have the key in factotum for that essid like:

key proto=wpapsk role=client essid=XXX !password=YYY

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] WiFi for Plan9
@ 2016-01-31  0:55   ` arisawa