Some of us are more dexterous than others (or sinister if we use left hand mice?). If you can handle a 6 button mouse with a scroll wheel attached (or a one handed keyboard for that matter), more power to you. I just don't do well with more than 3 and want to make sure they don't all disappear. For that matter, I can just barely handle chording on acme and I know lots of old mac users that were apalled at 3 button mice. I had a mouse with 4 for a while and ended up sticking a straw under the 4th one so I wouldn't keep accidentally clicking it. The mice with wheels doubling as a button 2, I find even more annoying since it makes button 2 harder to use than the other two buttons. I tend to hit it by accident.