* [9fans] install download issues
@ 2002-12-28 15:09 John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 2002-12-28 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

I'm doing the install [again] and when I try and download the
distribution it fails.

I see this on the main window:
bunzip2 < /n/kfs/dist/plan9.iso.bz2 > /n/kfs/dist/pla9.isobunzip2:
decompress failed
bunzip2 failed

And in the lower right window it says this:
% disk/kfs -n _dev_sdC0_fs -f /dev/sdC0/fs
Mounting kfs file server for /dev/sdC0/fs
% mount -c /srv/kfs._dev_sdC0_fs /n/kfs

The install program prompts me for mountdist, but I don't think I've
downloaded it correctly. When I ran download last night, The download
window appeared and disappeared quickly.

When I ran it this morning, it
no rounte for 204.178.31.2, src :: free

Which, I'm guessing, is because I need to reconfigure the network again.

Also, the machine is behind a firewall with a private IP- does this
change anything about networking config?

My guess is that somehow the download is incomplete. In /dist I have
these files:
_plan9.iso
_plan9.iso.bz2
plan9.iso.bz2
replica

I can't get any more information on them with lc unless there are some
flags I don't know about.

Thanks for any help.

--
.--- ...

* Re: [9fans] install download issues
@ 2002-12-29  4:53 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-29  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: johns, 9fans

You can get more information with ls -l.
lc doesn't take any flags.

If you remove plan9.iso.bz2 then
it should download the file again.
For paranoia's sake, try removing
_plan9.iso.bz2 as well.  Maybe it got
corrupted on the download.

You can also download it with a
different system and burn it to a CD,
of course.

* Re: [9fans] install download issues
@ 2002-12-29 17:19   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2002-12-29 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> lc doesn't take any flags.

Eh?  It does on my system.  If my window is wide enough, lc -l is kind
of cool.  Did it change?

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] install download issues
@ 2002-12-29 17:24     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-29 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Eh?  It does on my system.  If my window is wide enough, lc -l is kind
> of cool.  Did it change?

I'm wrong.