From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] mass storage jukebox
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:22:08 +0200	[thread overview]

A (cheap) mirrowed  fake worm (as said before in the thread)
is quite nice for backups. However, for peace of mind,
I just keep an up-to-date copy of everything in my laptop, instead
of burning CDs; all in all, I want to run Plan 9 standanlone in the laptop
when disconnected.

Of course, that doesn't save the dumps, but it's just
in the case of a disaster that breaks both disks in the worms.

BTW, I'm very concerned about moving the data in the worms to
venti as soon as it becomes our std file server. (I wouldn't like
to keep the current fs just to service the dumps in that case).
Is out there any plan to easy the transition and automate the conversion
of files in the dump to venti? If not, I'd like to help there.