This is really too late for the GSoC bits. But possibly of interests for later developments... On Mar 25, 2010, at 6:03 AM, yy wrote: > > Would such a project be interesting for this year gsoc? Is any mentor > interested in Forth? > > I really think acme would make a great environment for Forth > development. I have not used 4th except to play a bit with it, but I > have spent the last months porting the Ngaro VM to Go [1], which is > used to run retroForth [2] images, and I think that could be a good > starting point too. > > [1] http://hg.4l77.com/gonga/ > [2] http://retroforth.org > > PS: I'm CCing this to the GSoC list, but since the original message > appeared here I'm replying to 9fans too. A viable environment using in Plan 9 or Inferno to develop code for arrayForth and the GA line of chips that use it would be nice. Well, nice for a few of us who may have future board designs using those chips. Getting some Forth-SIM environment for any Plan 9 $objtype would help from having to run Windows IDEs on native x86 hardware or in VMs. Additionally, flashing the GA chips from Plan 9 sure would make development decisions easier. -jas