* [9fans] Drawterm not working in Leopard
@ 2008-04-26 20:17 Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-04-26 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello. I use the following to get to drawterm in OS X:

	drawterm-osx-intel -c 'tcp!127.0.0.1!17010' -a 'tcp!127.0.0.1!2567' -
s 'tcp!127.0.0.1!5356' -u pietro

It works nicely on Tiger, but on Leopard, I got

	cpu: can't dial tcp!127.0.0.1!17010: Connection refused

	goodbye

Now I found a lot about this on some sites where people had this
problem with Apache. And I did these fixes, but to no avail. So does
anyone know about this particular error?

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm not working in Leopard
@ 2008-04-26 21:17 ` a
From: a @ 2008-04-26 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i don't really believe your problem's drawterm; i'm typing
this in drawterm on leopard now. more likely, either the
firewall settings have changed or whatever emulator you
have isn't talking to the network properly. to test this,
you can try telnet to those ports. obviously you won't get
far, but you should be able to differentiate between
"this isn't telnet" and "connection refused".

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm not working in Leopard
@ 2008-04-26 22:36   ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-04-26 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It seems to be a firewall problem, then. telnet on Plan 9 reports
connection refused.

@ 2008-04-27 16:24     ` Vinícius de Figueiredo Silva
From: Vinícius de Figueiredo Silva @ 2008-04-27 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://web.ncf.ca/ac895/books/opl_seminar_notes.html

@ 2008-04-28  7:12       ` Juan M. Mendez
From: Juan M. Mendez @ 2008-04-28  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2008/4/27 Vinícius de Figueiredo Silva <viniciusfs@gmail.com>:
> http://web.ncf.ca/ac895/books/opl_seminar_notes.html

I don't think it's necessary to send so many useless answers, or
wisecracks for something that could be useful (or not) for others
plan9 users.
No matter how obvious it was for you, and since there is all kind of
user experience on the list, the traffic on 9fans maybe grateful.

Sorry for the offtopic (but trying to read less oftopics later)

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm not working in Leopard
@ 2008-04-28 15:13         ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2008-04-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Juan M. Mendez <vejeta@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/27 Vinícius de Figueiredo Silva <viniciusfs@gmail.com>:
>
> > http://web.ncf.ca/ac895/books/opl_seminar_notes.html
>
>  I don't think it's necessary to send so many useless answers, or
>  wisecracks for something that could be useful (or not) for others
>  plan9 users.
>  No matter how obvious it was for you, and since there is all kind of
>  user experience on the list, the traffic on 9fans maybe grateful.

being it obvious or not, people are expected to try to solve their own
problems before asking someone (on 9fans or not) to solve it.
there is a word describing the change in the order of these actions: laziness.

iru

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm not working in Leopard
@ 2008-04-28 21:19           ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-04-28 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Apr 28, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Iruata Souza wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Juan M. Mendez <vejeta@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2008/4/27 Vinícius de Figueiredo Silva <viniciusfs@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> http://web.ncf.ca/ac895/books/opl_seminar_notes.html
>>
>> I don't think it's necessary to send so many useless answers, or
>> wisecracks for something that could be useful (or not) for others
>> plan9 users.
>> No matter how obvious it was for you, and since there is all kind of
>> user experience on the list, the traffic on 9fans maybe grateful.
>>

> being it obvious or not, people are expected to try to solve their own
> problems before asking someone (on 9fans or not) to solve it.
> there is a word describing the change in the order of these actions:
> laziness.
>
> iru

You do realize I tried?