* [9fans] webfs on p9p
@ 2005-11-14  4:44 Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2005-11-14  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Call me a masochist, but in a fit of writing much too much code this
weekend, I thought I'd have a poke at porting webfs to p9p; after
all, we can't let only native plan9 people benefit from abaco :-)
I haven't had a working plan9 box since my shuttle died, so I'm
wondering if I  have a bug or if I just don't understand webfs.
Overall it's looking good: the synthetic file system shows up in my
namespace, I can make a new connection, but I can't seem to write a
uri to it using 9p:
% echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
9: write error:  parseurl: newline in URI

So I ditch the newline put on by echo:
% echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
% 9p read webfs/0/ctl
	0
acceptcookies on
sendcookies on
redirectlimit 10
useragent webfs/2.0 (plan 9)
%

No URL.  Am I sending it wrong?  Or do I have to find where the file
server is hooped?

Paul