Hola, I wrote mac9p, it works relatively well, I know a few people use it and hat haven’t heard about crashing the kernel or something. Give it a try, that was a general warning I wrote when I first pushed the code years ago. here’s the README with a few instructions: https://code.google.com/p/mac9p/wiki/README there’s also the mount_9p(8) man page. have fun On Mar 29, 2014, at 4:29 PM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote: > Is there a "quick" and "stable" way to mount a 9p exported > file-system on an OSX host? (By "quick way" I mean something which > doesn't imply compiling; and by "safe" something that others can > recommend as not crashing the system...) > > > Obviously I've found the following: > > * https://code.google.com/p/mac9p -- however they say on the main > project page "use at your own risk", which makes me pause for a second > before trying... > > * http://osxfuse.github.io/ -- however I need to find (and > compile) a 9p implementation that uses this; (anyone can recommend > one?) > > > Something else? (From the archives it seems a similar question > was posted back a couple of years, but even then no direct answer.) > > > Thanks, > Ciprian. > — Federico G. Benavento benavento@gmail.com