On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote: > On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 11:55 -0600, Daniel Lyons wrote: > > I'd love it if Acme or Plan 9 had good support for some kind of Lisp > > variant. > > Speaking of which (or may be not ;-)) is there anybody using Lua > on Plan9? > > Thanks, > Roman. > > P.S. The more I look into Lua (as a way to help C refuge start > doing some functional stuff) the more it seems that the two have > a lot in common when it comes to software architecture. > > > Last time I tried, the standard Lua compiled out of the box under the APE. Great little language. I use it in my day job (together with Erlang). It's implementation is indeed just as enlightening as the Plan 9 code. An exercise in doing exactly what is required and no more. Very elegant in my eyes. Robby