On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Rudolf Sykora wrote: > >> Not sure how the concept of a line delimited by newlines relates to > >>moving the cursor up one physical line on the screen. > > > > Working out where to move the cursor to > > Still I dare claim that moving a cursor up one visible line has > nothing to do with the concept of a line delimited by newlines. For > the movement, such delimited lines are completely irrelevant. For the > movement there is no difference whether there is a newline on the > previous visible line or the line was broken due to the width of the > window. > > What I speak about is 'as if' clicking the mouse up one visible line. > > R > > How would you go about doing that? There's no cursor based addressing available in the screens. And good riddance too, methinks. Robby