On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM, maht wrote: > On 25/03/2010 17:11, Corey Thomasson wrote: > >> Not really related, but I got a good laugh from this. >> As soon as I opened this email in gmail, the "targeted ad" changed to >> >> "Editing xml is difficult." >> >> > well that is true, the following snippets are not the same, the second has > two more nodes > > hi > > > hi > > > > And depending on what parser you're using, you might get the same tree or not! Found out recently, that some parsers very "helpfully" elide "empty" TEXT nodes. Robby