Frankly, i'ld love having someone maintain the compilers, especially of we get new ones out of it. Unfortunately, I doubt that we can come up with a license that they'll like. I talked to our attorney about removing the indemnification requirement in section 4. His answer was that there were too many things not covered by the disclaimers. After the first few examples, I tend to agree. If we were getting revenue for the release, we could set aside money from profits for court battles and dump the indemnification nonsense. That's what we do with products. However, there aren't any revenues from plan 9 and the company is still waiting for its first profitable quarter in a number of years. In the past we had actually gotten smaller things out with just disclaimers. Our attorneys feel that they would be irresponsible to do that now. This is supported by mail I've gotten from some of you saying that the disclaimers are pretty much worthless in places like the UK. Nevertheless, I can see why OpenBSD would be afraid of it. It is true that if OpenBSD agreed to indemnify us, they could rerelease under their own license so the buck stops there, so to speak. However, that leaves OpenBSD obligated in a new way and I could see why they wouldn't like it, especially since they too are getting no revenue from the code. By the way, I've seen a lot of messages out there deprecating our lawyers. It is definitely not warranted. Their job is to protect our company without getting in the way of things that bring in revenue. Nevertheless, they've spent a lot of time with me and ehg trying to approximate what we want without jeopardazing the company. This is really amazing considering we have no real clout here.