From: "Fco. J. Ballesteros" <nemo@lsub.org>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Raw Input Driver
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:39:03 +0100	[thread overview]

If connection is slow (as the one I'm using now) increasing the
abstraction level is a good thing to do. Merging low level input
streams may patch up things for a while, but won't be enough
if the connection is slower.

Separating the viewer form the application reduces coupling a
lot and makes kbd/mouse events a non issue. For example, in
the o/live I'm using to type this all of mouse/kbd/draw interaction
happens at the terminal. The editor, running at the cpu server,
gets only high-level events like "this was inserted" or "the user
is looking for this" or "the user wants to run that".