* [9fans] wavelan bug?
@ 2002-05-29 15:34 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-05-29 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

	I found that option processing in etherwavelan.c makes it
necessary to scape white space twice when setting network and station
names through plan9.ini. For example:

ether0=wave essid='''net name with spaces'''

I think this is a bug since an equivalent write in the ctl file would be
just "essid 'net name with spaces'\0". I mean, AFAIK, I think

ether0=wave essid='net name with spaces'

is the way to scape white space in plan9.ini options.

I think the fix would be to avoid the call to tokenize when processing already
processed isa config options, but I don't have the time right now to do this.
I send this mail mainly to document the bug and to remember me that this is
pending work.

hth

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-29 15:34 UTC | newest]