* [9fans] Either bug in the man page or in getfields
@ 2002-10-25  9:04 Saroj Mahapatra
From: Saroj Mahapatra @ 2002-10-25  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

getfields does not evaluate quotes, but tokenize does. Yet the man
page says: "Tokenize is gettokens with delims set to "\t\r\n ". Is
there a bug in getfields or is it a documentation bug?

Thank you,
Saroj Mahapatra

P.S. My two earlier messages mysteriously disapperared.

* Re: [9fans] Either bug in the man page or in getfields
@ 2002-10-28  9:58 ` Saroj Mahapatra
From: Saroj Mahapatra @ 2002-10-28  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

geoff@collyer.net (Geoff Collyer) wrote in message news:<29715c6cec5b286e9f652454f3a1e2ec@collyer.net>...
> Re-read your message carefully.   "gettokens" is not "getfields".
>
> --

Sorry. I typed wrong, but if you read "gettokens" instead of
"getfields", the bug is still there. If one looks at the code, my
point will become clear immediatedly.

Thank you,
Saroj Mahapatra

* Re: [9fans] Either bug in the man page or in getfields
@ 2002-10-25  9:21 Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2002-10-25  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Re-read your message carefully.   "gettokens" is not "getfields".

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1768 bytes --]