Inspired by the little thesaurus script today's "pull" brought home, this little script queries a relatively complete en/bg and bg/en dictionary on the http://sa.dir.bg web site. I've sent them an email to tell them about the wonders of utf-8, but I doubt they'll switch from the venerable Windows-1251 cyrillic encoding, so there's a key in the script for transliterating all cyrillic queries, or if you wish you can type in cyrillic and it'll do the transliteration for you. also available at: http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/sadict/ I don't think this should make it in the default Plan 9 distribution, unless Plan 9 becomes the OS of choice in Bulgaria in the next 30 minutes. andrey PS: I used it just now to check the meaning of 'venerable', it works :)