* [9fans] Plan 9 on Mac Mini x86?
@ 2006-04-05  7:46 Daniel Soderstrom
From: Daniel Soderstrom @ 2006-04-05  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can Plan 9 be installed on a x86 Mac Mini? I'd like to have a play
with Plan 9, but don't want a ugly bitsa PC taking up the space. I
should be able to do everything remotely on the Plan 9 box just using
ssh or x windows?

Finally, the possibilities of Plan 9 seem really intriging, has
anything new and different been done on Plan 9 which could only be
supported by its architecture?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Perth, Australia.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Mac Mini x86?
@ 2006-04-07  1:23 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-04-07  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

if the scan codes are the same as on a  pee cee, you can just modify
the mappings that are already there.

i think that you won't notice the difference between the emulator
remapping keys and kbmap doing it.  the maps are scanned at boot
time and work so transparently that i can't find some changes i made
when taking kbmap for a test drive. ... where did i put that file. ☺

- erik

@ 2006-04-07  1:32 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-04-07  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

does the emulator eat the keypress of the usual key?