* [9fans] [gsoc] webdraw - wrapping up
@ 2014-08-20 20:10 David Hoskin
From: David Hoskin @ 2014-08-20 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9-gsoc, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi everyone,
I wound up spending way more time than I had predicted on the
graphical side of the project, to the exclusion of all the other
milestones.

Rio with the new memlayer is mostly working.  Windows can be reshuffled
to the front, and drawing on partially-obscured windows works
perfectly.

Acme windows do not work correctly; I believe this is because of a bug
in attaching to ``named screens''.  The root window is also not
repainted correctly, but all other windows are, so that will be a
simple fix.

I'm currently fighting a bug where the window order is corrupted when
a window is hidden, but I've almost got it licked.

I hope to have these bugs fixed soon, and then I'll start working on
some of the features I had planned to complete this summer :).

-- David

* Re: [9fans] [gsoc] webdraw - wrapping up
@ 2014-08-21  0:30 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-08-21  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Aug 20 16:12:47 EDT 2014, root@davidrhoskin.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I wound up spending way more time than I had predicted on the
> graphical side of the project, to the exclusion of all the other
> milestones.
>
> Rio with the new memlayer is mostly working.  Windows can be reshuffled
> to the front, and drawing on partially-obscured windows works
> perfectly.
>
> Acme windows do not work correctly; I believe this is because of a bug
> in attaching to ``named screens''.  The root window is also not
> repainted correctly, but all other windows are, so that will be a
> simple fix.
>
> I'm currently fighting a bug where the window order is corrupted when
> a window is hidden, but I've almost got it licked.
>
> I hope to have these bugs fixed soon, and then I'll start working on
> some of the features I had planned to complete this summer :).

i'm impressed by the progress of this project.  this project has been
a reminder that pass-by-reference is not such a good idea.  and makes
the progress more impressive to me.

- erik