Hi, To reiterate, I am just trying to boot a terminal (paris) from a cpu/auth/file server (felix). I get an authentication failure on startup, though everything up to secstore works fine. To debug this I put a copy of the distribution on the terminal and booted that standalone. I used auth/debug to check authenticatioon is set up properly; it is happy (see auth-debug.out). I then tried to use cpu(1) to attach to the file server (see cpu.out) and its fails. I have enabled factotum debug at both ends and included the logs of these also. plan9.ini, local, and cpurc are the files from the server felix, factotum is an extract from my secstore factotum file. I don't understand how cpu can fail when auth/debug succeeds. what have I missed? -Steve