From: "peter a. cejchan" <pac@next.gli.cas.cz>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan9 and Perl 5.x.x
Date: Tue,  9 Apr 2002 09:18:31 +0000	[thread overview]

okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote in message news:<20020409012709.C1E51199ED@mail.cse.psu.edu>...
> >i was not such a successful. mk stops repeatedly on the same error
> >after several runs. could anybody share sources compilable without
> >hacking ;-)))
>
> Have you run plan9/setup.rc?
> It creates new directory tree at, say, /sys/src/cmd/perl/<version_number>,
> and then you can mk perl without problem under the new direc\tory tree.
> I've gotten the source of 5.004_05 from CPAN.
>
> Kenji--haven't tried the perl yet though :-)

Wow! I got fresh sources, and -voila- it helps. Thanks, Kenji!
Unfortunately, I need Perl5.005+ to port a substantial part of
'bioperl' (collection of scripts). I tried to hack 5.6.1 sources in
the way 5.004_05does, but I finally gave it up.
Anyone out there wanna give it a challenge ;-) ???

Regards,
++pac
(still <pac7@post.cz>, until next.gli.cas.cz gets recognized properly)