Yes it should be recorded, and made available online later on (I needed confirmation before answering here). Thanks, Hugues On 24/01/18 09:32, Fran. J Ballesteros wrote: > will it be avail online, somehow? > thanks. > > El 24 ene 2018, a las 10:16, Hugues Evrard > escribió: > >> Hi all, >> >> On Thursday Feb. 1st (next week), Charles Forsyth will kindly give an >> introduction talk to plan9 and inferno at Imperial College in London. >> If you are in the London area, don't hesitate to join and to relay >> this announce! >> >> Here is the abstract: >> >> Plan 9 and Inferno are two operating systems (originally developed by >> the Bell Labs centre that produced Unix decades earlier). Both were >> designed to allow systems to be composed from smaller cooperating >> systems performing specific tasks.They provide structural support for >> distribution, at the operating system level. Their defining novelty >> is the representation of all distributable resources as hierarchical >> name spaces. There are conventional names for certain resources, but >> no global name space. Instead, the kernel provides operations that >> compose name spaces of local and remote resources, at per-process >> granularity, to build a unique space to suit a given application. >> That can aid design, development, testing and integration. I'll give >> brief summaries of the two operating systems, and present examples of >> their use, with an emphasis on naming. >> >> The talk is at 13:00-14:00 in amphitheatre 311 of the Huxley >> building, whose entrance is at 180 Queen’s Gate, London SW7 2AZ. It >> is part of the iPr0gram talk series ( >> https://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~rbc/iPr0gram/ ), where people external to >> Imperial College are warmly welcome, please just get in touch with >> Robert ( https://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~rbc/ ) beforehand if you plan to join. >> >> As most of you already know, Charles has made numerous contributions >> to plan9 and inferno, and was instrumental in open-sourcing inferno. >> For more info, check out his homepage: http://www.terzarima.net/ >> Please get in touch with me if you would like to have a chat with >> Charles in the afternoon, I can arrange a meeting room. >> >> Thanks, >> Hugues >>