* [9fans] Acme - multiple rows before columns?
@ 2004-05-26 11:06 a
From: a @ 2004-05-26 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

is there any particular reason why acme doesn't allow one to
create rows at the "top level" like NewCol does? i'd like to
have one very wide col in one row, and my normal 3-col view
in another row above that. is this just a programming issue,
or is there an architectural reason it'd be particularly
dificult, or something else?

am i explaining this well enough?
ア

* Re: [9fans] Acme - multiple rows before columns?
@ 2004-05-26 17:05 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2004-05-26 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> is there any particular reason why acme doesn't allow one to
> create rows at the "top level" like NewCol does? i'd like to
> have one very wide col in one row, and my normal 3-col view
> in another row above that. is this just a programming issue,
> or is there an architectural reason it'd be particularly
> dificult, or something else?

the only reason is that it's not designed that way.

-rob