* [9fans] Sam commands in acme
@ 2009-06-26  9:50 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-06-26  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,
I am trying to select all c comments from within a file using acme,
but I am unable to do it properly. The command x/\/\*.*\*\// is the
closest I could get, but it doesn't work with comments that span over
more than one line. This raises a question for me: somewhere, I cannot
recall where, I read that commands in sam (and therefore acme) aren't
line oriented but selection oriented, so, shouldn't '.*' match newline
characters also? why it doesn't? I expected '.*' to work with newline
characters since it works for spaces and tabs, and the three of them
are white space, among others.
And finally, what command I should use to select c comments without
regard if they are several lines long or just one?
Saludos
--
Hugo