* [9fans] Inferno wiki
@ 2009-06-06  0:56 Venkatesh Srinivas
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Venkatesh Srinivas @ 2009-06-06  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, inferno-list

Hi!

I've brought up a wiki for Inferno, at http://inferno.makesad.us
(tcp!inferno.makesad.us!wiki for Acme users). Its running wikifs on
Inferno, appropriately enough.

I'm importing content from the old canto.hopto.org Inferno wiki, as we
speak. In the next few days, I should have all of it imported. Thanks
to caerwyn for running the old wiki and helping me get this one
running.

Hopefully it'll be useful for people; come on over and contribute!
-- vs

* Re: [9fans] Inferno wiki
@ 2009-06-06  2:42 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2009-06-06  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: inferno-list

You beat me to it! I just bought a large number of domains including
oz-inferno.com - they are all hosted but I have no time to document at
the moment.

Copies are available of the t-shirts from IWP9-2009-Bondi, tho I have
no idea how to distribute them. Cinap won the prize for his brett
whitely self portrait of a self portrait thing.

The reversed Glenda was second - reminds you how to cross the road.

Later,

brucee

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Venkatesh Srinivas <me@acm.jhu.edu> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've brought up a wiki for Inferno, at http://inferno.makesad.us
> (tcp!inferno.makesad.us!wiki for Acme users). Its running wikifs on
> Inferno, appropriately enough.
>
> I'm importing content from the old canto.hopto.org Inferno wiki, as we
> speak. In the next few days, I should have all of it imported. Thanks
> to caerwyn for running the old wiki and helping me get this one
> running.
>
> Hopefully it'll be useful for people; come on over and contribute!
> -- vs

* Re: [9fans] Inferno wiki
@ 2009-06-06 23:07 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2009-06-06 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suspect it would ultimately make more sense to put this at inferno-os.something
(and we've got a few)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3124 bytes --]

From: Venkatesh Srinivas <me@acm.jhu.edu>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>, inferno-list@vitanuova.com
Subject: [9fans] Inferno wiki
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:56:54 -0400

@ 2009-06-11 13:46 ` Harri Haataja
From: Harri Haataja @ 2009-06-11 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: inferno-list

2009/6/6 Venkatesh Srinivas <me@acm.jhu.edu>:
> I've brought up a wiki for Inferno, at http://inferno.makesad.us
> (tcp!inferno.makesad.us!wiki for Acme users). Its running wikifs on
> Inferno, appropriately enough.

Nice to see it even seems to have some version control or history at
the very least unlike the non-wikis that have been around before.
Looks like it's still more of a published shared document instead of a
wiki in that there's no editing from the http side.

I can't spot RecentChanges type page, though. Is there one so you
could keep an eye on what's new?

http://inferno.makesad.us/wiki/about.html (About the server) also
seems to lead to 404.

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right