* [9fans] WPC11
@ 2006-06-08 10:47 Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-06-08 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

I have a linksys WPC11 802.11 pcmcia card and I cannot use it in P9.

I have this in the plan9.ini:

ether1=type=wavelan

The /net/ether1 is not created, and the /net/ether0 (my wired card) is ok.

Any help?

Thanks

--
Rodolfo García "kix"

* Re: [9fans] WPC11
@ 2006-06-12 19:02 ` Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2006-06-12 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>  I have a linksys WPC11 802.11 pcmcia card and I cannot use it in P9.

I have had the same problem with my Thinkpad laptops.  On another
laptop, it's recognized correctly, but the Thinkpads don't even seem
to recognize that there's anything in the PC Card slot.  The Thinkpads
can see a different PC Card I have.  I haven't been able to look into
it too deeply.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] WPC11
@ 2006-06-12 20:05   ` Lou Kamenov
From: Lou Kamenov @ 2006-06-12 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 6/12/06, Micah Stetson <micah@stetsonnet.org> wrote:
> >  I have a linksys WPC11 802.11 pcmcia card and I cannot use it in P9.
>
> I have had the same problem with my Thinkpad laptops.  On another
> laptop, it's recognized correctly, but the Thinkpads don't even seem
> to recognize that there's anything in the PC Card slot.  The Thinkpads
> can see a different PC Card I have.  I haven't been able to look into
> it too deeply.

The lucent orinoco pccard I got off ebay (branded 2wire) wasn't
recognized either, I had to add it to wavenames[] in 9/pc/wavelan.c
in order to get it going. (on a Thinkpad T40)