* [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-30  7:56 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-30  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

in an archaeological dig of my aussie residence (i've been
here for >20 years but clearly not all the time) i discovered
some "special things".  two extra copies of the Mackin
typeset, printed, and well bound of p9 1e both vols in one.

i have one so there are two available to the first two 9fans
i meet out of the country.  one may end up in odessa.

brucee

* Re: [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-30 16:21 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-01-30 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Bruce Ellis wrote:
> in an archaeological dig of my aussie residence (i've been
> here for >20 years but clearly not all the time) i discovered
> some "special things".  two extra copies of the Mackin
> typeset, printed, and well bound of p9 1e both vols in one.
>
> i have one so there are two available to the first two 9fans
> i meet out of the country.  one may end up in odessa.
>
> brucee

scan them in. There oughtta be enough space somewhere to scan them in,
in bitmap form.

Did you find the DEC DAC yet?

ron

* Re: [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-30 16:30     ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-01-30 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Bruce Ellis wrote:
> scan them - ha ha (takes out tape measure) 46mm.
> the pages are only numbered within papers so guess.

46 mm, would mean "take to kinko's and let them do it".

doable? There are places that do this sort of thing, I have had it done
before.

I didn't mean *you* should do it :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-30 16:31   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-30 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 1/31/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov> wrote:
> Bruce Ellis wrote:
> > in an archaeological dig of my aussie residence (i've been
> > here for >20 years but clearly not all the time) i discovered
> > some "special things".  two extra copies of the Mackin
> > typeset, printed, and well bound of p9 1e both vols in one.
> >
> > i have one so there are two available to the first two 9fans
> > i meet out of the country.  one may end up in odessa.
> >
> > brucee
>
> scan them in. There oughtta be enough space somewhere to scan them in,
> in bitmap form.
>
> Did you find the DEC DAC yet?
>
> ron

* Re: [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-30 16:45       ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-30 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

the point is that they are really nice books.  all of the articles
are on the web somewhere which sounds easier than flying
13 hours to my closest kinko's..

brucee

On 1/31/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov> wrote:
> Bruce Ellis wrote:
> > scan them - ha ha (takes out tape measure) 46mm.
> > the pages are only numbered within papers so guess.
>
> 46 mm, would mean "take to kinko's and let them do it".
>
> doable? There are places that do this sort of thing, I have had it done
> before.
>
> I didn't mean *you* should do it :-)
>
> ron

* Re: [9fans] score!
@ 2006-01-31  2:58         ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2006-01-31  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

how much would a fedex/dhl/whatever cost to the states?

@ 2006-01-31 13:38           ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-31 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

they'll lose 'em.  but they lost my luggage last time. they be travelling
with me so they get their flyer points up.

brucee