* [9fans] Re:  [OT] linux origins, why not?
       [not found] <6956b4e2a756ce5e83375d399bd04455@monitorbm.co.nz>
@ 2006-03-31  6:55 ` Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2006-03-31  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> yes, brain cells have been burned on that and it has been done.
> but we're waiting for uriel's replacement for 9load before the
> details are finalised. after all, we don't want to waste our time
> doing something that's already been done but just not released.

Even rob was scared of jmk. He used ... sarcasm. He knew all the tricks
- dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes, and satire.

* Re: [9fans] Re: [OT] linux origins, why not?
@ 2006-03-31  8:09   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-03-31  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

my interactions with jmk where talking crap while hanging around the
coffee machine (always good) and approaching his office to ask a
question.  he'd find the right databook and often point me to the page.

"dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes, and satire"?

don't cross him, it's true.  he's a mate.

brucee

@ 2006-03-31  8:58 ` Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2006-03-31  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> my interactions with jmk where talking crap while hanging around the
> coffee machine (always good) and approaching his office to ask a
> question.  he'd find the right databook and often point me to the page.
>
> "dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes, and satire"?
>
> don't cross him, it's true.  he's a mate.
>
> brucee

No disrespect was intended to jmk, who clearly goes to eleven. I was
attempting to express appreciation of his droll post, using an
increasingly obscure Monty Python reference.

* Re: [9fans] Re: [OT] linux origins, why not?
@ 2006-03-31  9:05   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-03-31  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i'm sure he's say "there's some lovely filth down here" when looking
at today's favourite linux source.  dhog called it "vomituous", which
is not a real word, but expressed his disdain.