* [9fans] python indent acme proportional fonts ah joy
@ 2007-01-05  3:41 ron minnich
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ron minnich @ 2007-01-05  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

reminiscent of the 'free your mind Luke' discussion a few years ago on
indents in code and Acme and fonts and  ...

I'm finding that I am counting spaces in acme when I get the
occasional python 'unindent' error. You may think those columns are
aligned, but that's just the proportional font showing.

Guess I gotta find a fixed font for editing in acme.

:-=)

ron

* Re: [9fans] python indent acme proportional fonts ah joy
@ 2007-01-05 14:15 mattmobile
From: mattmobile @ 2007-01-05 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

You could edit the font file to have visible spaces & tabs.

I always indent with tabs, that way one tab corresponds with one indent. Anything else needs an excuse.