* Re: [9fans] Venti Install
@ 2007-03-26  7:29 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2007-03-26  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you install venti next time, give it a small arena partition.
400MB should be fine for the dump right after the installation.
You can format another bigger partition and add it later.

# am installing venti on 200GB disk now

* Re: [9fans] Venti Install
@ 2007-03-26  8:36 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2007-03-26  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah.  DMA helps a lot on venti formatting.
However, I saw this ominous message on my console when
installing another tip9ug host on VMware ESX 3.0 Server
which only supports Buslogic SCSI adaptor.

	init: starting /bin/rc
	echo: write error: bad process or channel control request
	echo: write error: bad process or channel control request

I guess someone tried to turn DMA on for the SCSI drive and failed.

* [9fans] Venti Install
@ 2007-03-19 22:54 Devon H. O'Dell