* [9fans] nfs timeouts
@ 2021-08-08 10:55 pouya+lists.9fans
From: pouya+lists.9fans @ 2021-08-08 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I recently set up NFS exports on a server on my local intranet.  I can mount NFS directories after running nfs(4) but when I tried to do a small dircp(1) it invariably failed at the same point for each of the directories I tried:

        term% nfs -p 666 -u /lib/ndb/glenda.passwd /lib/ndb/glenda.group somehost
        term% mount -a /srv/somehost /n/somedir /somepath
        term% dircp somelocaldir /somepath/someremotedir

        [after a while...]

        tar: error writing same/path/same/file: timeout

NetBSD, Linux, and macOS clients don't seem to have any issues.

Am I doing something wrong or does nfs(4) not work very well?

Thanks,
Pouya