* Re[2]: [9fans] text editor (chording)
@ 2002-04-26 15:38 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2002-04-26 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There was a patch to the Unix sam ages (years) ago
that added mouse chording for cut and paste, I could probably
dig them out of an old archive if anyone's interested. It would
probably need a bit of work as sam has evolved since the diffs
where taken.

-Steve

Subject:    Re: [9fans] text editor
Author: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date:       26/04/02 15:52

i've used Wily for quite a bit (although not for a good while now)
and found the differences and inconsistancies to be really painful.
i imagine it'd still be a good step up for someone not already
familiar with acme. the acme-in-inferno-on-unix solution is one
i use occasionally now (since i'm only occasionally at a unix box)
and really like.

since my unix boxes are generally remote, i edit files on them most
of the time by 9fs'ing (using u9fs on the unix box) and running
acme. occasionally i have to edit files on a box i don't admin (and
thus can't put u9fs on), and sam -r works well for that. even that's
somewhat awkward (to be polite) now... i _really_ miss acme's
mouse chording.
?

The contents of this communication are confidential to the normal user of
the email address to which it was sent.  If you have received this email
in error, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If this is the case, please notify the
sender and delete this message.

The following attachment had content that we can't
prove to be harmless.  To avoid possible automatic
execution, we changed the content headers.
The original header was:

[-- Attachment #2.2: 03message-RFC822.Eml.suspect --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Sender: 9fans-admin@cse.psu.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:10:00 -0400

> To each his own.  As I've said, I'm comfortable with vi on Unix boxen
> and with sam on Plan 9.  Your mileage may vary.  There are situations

i advise you, and anyone else in your situation, not to try acme.
once you get used to it you'll curse vi and never be able to get
anything done on unix.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-26 15:38 UTC | newest]