* [9fans] Installation CD Problems
@ 2009-01-31 18:52 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-01-31 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been trying to install Plan 9 on my most
used computer here, but the install CD I've
made has been giving me problems
(I've used Nero on Windows to create it):
when I try to boot into the Live CD, at
a very early stage (actually, just after asking
"root is from"), it reports "I/O read error"
messages, and continually does so, unable
to boot into the Live CD.
However, booting into just the Install goes OK
(other than that I cannot move my USB mouse...),
so I immediately go into rc with `!rc' at the install
rio window, and upon trying `mount /dev/sdC0/data',
I again get the same "I/O read error" message, so
it is unable to mount the data.

And yet, the CD data is readable from a mount
within Linux.

Any suggestions?
ak