* [9fans] dealing with pessimal tcp stacks
@ 2010-05-25 21:30 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-05-25 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i had some trouble with a very badly behaved tcp stack
"crashing" my terminal by causing the resequence queues
of >900 tinygrams.  there's a little writeup here
http://www.quanstro.net/plan9/tcpreseq/index.html

the short story is that limiting the resequence queue
to a "reasonable" number of packets solves the problem.
i choose reasonable=15*(scale+1).

there's a diff here:
http://www.quanstro.net/plan9/tcpreseq/tcpdiff

i'd be interested in any feedback.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] dealing with pessimal tcp stacks
@ 2010-05-26  0:06 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-05-26  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro, 9fans

On Tue May 25 17:31:50 EDT 2010, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
> i had some trouble with a very badly behaved tcp stack
> "crashing" my terminal by causing the resequence queues
> of >900 tinygrams.  there's a little writeup here
> http://www.quanstro.net/plan9/tcpreseq/index.html
>
> the short story is that limiting the resequence queue
> to a "reasonable" number of packets solves the problem.
> i choose reasonable=15*(scale+1).
>
> there's a diff here:
> http://www.quanstro.net/plan9/tcpreseq/tcpdiff
>
> i'd be interested in any feedback.