From: mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Some benevolent user...
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:14:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Ruben Berenguel wrote:
> I can boot perfectly the 9queen/9worker images recently posted related
> to the ANTS project, but I'm still too new to Plan9 to understand
> their need or use, so I'd rather have a normal image to play with
> (although having a 16mb working image is impressive, and works great
> with drawterm)

I'm glad the images work for you, and I understand wanting a default
copy.  However, if you boot 9queen and choose option "1" the boot
takes you to the standard environment and the system should behave in
the normal way.  It is also possible to boot the original 9pcf kernel
instead of 9pcram.  The 9queen image was made directly from the
current Bell Labs clean install from the .iso, and you can ignore the
ANTS-related software entirely if you wish.  I'm sorry I can't offer
to upload a completely clean copy of the image but I believe you can
use the 9queen as a standard install without the added software
interfering.  You would want to change/delete the default password of
"rootless" though by resetting the nvram.

I'm not sure what the issue with your install would be, because it
seems like if the Qemu images are booting and working for you, the
install should work ok too.  If you boot a qemu image, are you able to
save files to the qemu disk normally, so read/write inside the VM
works normally, it is just that installation fails?

Ben Kidwell
"mycroftiv"