From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] diskless cpu from a fossil
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:42:26 -0400	[thread overview]

On Mon Jul 27 22:41:35 EDT 2009, lyndon@orthanc.ca wrote:
> Does anyone have a copy online of a working plan9.ini for pxe booting a
> diskless cpu server from a fossil? I've been going through the manpages
> and wiki but things just aren't clear to me exactly what needs to be done
> wrt configuring the nvram settings. Things have changed since 2ed ...

this is i use for ken fs, for fossil you will need to s/il/tcp/g.

bootfile=ether0!tyty!/386/9pccpu.gz
bootargs=il
nobootprompt=il

but the real secret sauce is in /lib/ndb/local.  the easiest
way to do things is with an ipnet entry something like

ipnet=example.com
	ip=10.0.0.0 ipmask=/96
	fs=myfs.example.com
	gw=gw.example.com
	auth=auth.example.com
	dns=10.0.0.2
	dnsdomain=example.com
	ipgw=10.0.0.1

it's important that ndb/ipquery returns reasonable answers
for fs and auth for your cpu server.

- erik