Union directories and the file-oriented system... beautiful beyond words. This is how operating systems should have been all along!! -Ben -----Original Message----- From: Jack Johnson [mailto:knapjack@gmail.com] Sent: Tue 11/16/2004 1:14 PM To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs Cc: Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan 9 killer applications? On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:17:08 -0700, andrey mirtchovski wrote: > user-level "mount" and "bind" come a close second and third :) I agree, along with Steve's venti + fossil. Relatedly, I was thinking on the drive this morning that Inferno could actually be an interesting alternative to either the standard p2p networks or even freenet, with SSL and union mounts support you could do some interesting things, in the "killer app" vein. -Jack