Yes yes... now that's what I was looking for. I was hunting for where I might be able to control (or at least know) on which cpu a program executes (or which parts on which cpus), and the memory issues that would result. It's all built-in, you say? What happens if a cpu fails (or is removed)? (not that happens very often, (or ever, so far as I've seen) but it's a consideration...) Thanks!! -----Original Message----- From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com [mailto:jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com] Sent: Tue 11/23/2004 9:45 PM To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu Cc: Subject: Re: [9fans] archmp Of course, the other place a specific architecture has to deal with MP issues is the MMU. It's possible to make that really complicated, but Plan 9 skirts most of that at the expense of some performance and generality in odd cases. --jim