Running 9vx is not exactly the same as running a cpu/file server, be it natively or in qemu/vmware/whatnot. I haven't managed to use 9vx as a cpu server (although I haven't tried very hard so far) while it's pretty easy to do what you want once you have set up a "real" cpu server. So you might want to replace one of the 9vx instances with a plan 9 install and then follow that guide: http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Configuring_a_standalone_CPU_server/index.html that one might be usefull as well: http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Drawterm_to_your_terminal/index.html Cheers, Mathieu