AFPL Ghostscript-8.13 can be find on our web site: http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/gs-8.13.tgz http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/gs-data.tgz. Why they were removed from sources? Because none is maintaining it anymore. As you know Russ has been doing it, but he is a graduate student at MIT which means he must be very busy for his own Ph.D thema etc. Furthermore, maintaining Ghostscript is not any creative work which is neccessary to those students. We need Ghostscript for every day use of Plan 9, and that's all. Ghostscript is not in the main stream of Plan 9 design way, it uses UTF-8, but Ghostscript(8.x) uses CID-keyd character etc. To maintain Ghostscript is easy enough even for like me, which don't need Russ, Dave, Jim, Sape, and of course Rob. I think that's the reason. Kenji