* [9fans] tip9ug down again?
@ 2006-07-29 12:03 tom
From: tom @ 2006-07-29 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> From: YAMANASHI Takeshi
>> Date: Tues, Jul 4 2006 12:17 am

>> I was just wondering about the current status of all the 9grid-type
>> systems. tip9ug appears to be down

> mordor.tip9ug.jp had been down and it's working again.
> Thanks for the notice.

I haven't been able to connect for several days. . . .

Kindest regards,

Tom

* Re: [9fans] tip9ug down again?
@ 2006-07-30 16:38 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2006-07-30 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 7/29/06, tom@tommiller.us <tom@tommiller.us> wrote:
> >> From: YAMANASHI Takeshi
> >> Date: Tues, Jul 4 2006 12:17 am
>
> >> I was just wondering about the current status of all the 9grid-type
> >> systems. tip9ug appears to be down
>
> > mordor.tip9ug.jp had been down and it's working again.
> > Thanks for the notice.
>
> I haven't been able to connect for several days. . . .
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Tom

Nor have I. I wrote to Takeshi about it the other day, but I haven't
had a reply. I'd use 9grid.de, but a lot of the time I don't have a
way to get to a command prompt, so drawterm is out of the question,
and 9grid.de doesn't appear to allow ssh or vnc. Bummer.

John
--
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -- Shakespeare, Henry VI

* Re: [9fans] tip9ug down again?
@ 2006-07-30 18:24   ` Christoph Lohmann
From: Christoph Lohmann @ 2006-07-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Good day.

Am Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:38:02 -0700
"John Floren" <slawmaster@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Nor have I. I wrote to Takeshi about it the other day, but I haven't
> had a reply. I'd use 9grid.de, but a lot of the time I don't have a
> way to get to a command prompt, so drawterm is out of the question,
> and 9grid.de doesn't appear to allow ssh or vnc. Bummer.

I enabled SSHv1 on 9grid.de for now - TIS disabled. There is no way to
start VNC for multi-user, so it's on your own to start a vncs. For now
it won't be stopped.

Sincerely,

Christoph

* Re: [9fans] tip9ug down again?
@ 2006-07-31 14:54     ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2006-07-31 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 7/30/06, Christoph Lohmann <20h@r-36.net> wrote:
> Good day.
>
> Am Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:38:02 -0700
> "John Floren" <slawmaster@gmail.com> schrieb:
>
> > Nor have I. I wrote to Takeshi about it the other day, but I haven't
> > had a reply. I'd use 9grid.de, but a lot of the time I don't have a
> > way to get to a command prompt, so drawterm is out of the question,
> > and 9grid.de doesn't appear to allow ssh or vnc. Bummer.
>
> I enabled SSHv1 on 9grid.de for now - TIS disabled. There is no way to
> start VNC for multi-user, so it's on your own to start a vncs. For now
> it won't be stopped.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Christoph

Excellent. Thank you.

John
--
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -- Shakespeare, Henry VI