From: "John Floren" <slawmaster@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Accounts
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:50:32 -0400	[thread overview]

On 9/19/06, Joel Salomon <joelcsalomon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/19/06, John Floren <slawmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wait, so you want a Plan 9 account so you can transfer your files
> > there and then email them elsewhere?
>
> Or so I can cpu into that macine and use Acme mail from my machine directly.
>
> How would that work?  I'd need an auth account somewhere, and then an
> email acount or a cpu account or what?
>
> > Try 9grid.de. I have a machine up, but my school won't let me send email either.
> > Now, there's an http server running on it, but I don't have it completely configured yet.
>
> I take it that 9grid.de is your system?  I'm trying to connect to it
> via a web browser but I'm not seeing much; the home page won't load
> past the heading that reads "9grid.de".
>
> --Joel

9grid.de is a German system. I'm not sure why it isn't loading for
you, but you can get an account there just for asking. My system is in
the U.S., and I could give you an account there, from which you could
send email but not receive it. I would suggest 9grid.de over my
system, however. At 131.112.14.44 you can find the tip9ug servers,
which also have free accounts, but be warned that the domain registry
(tip9ug.jp) has expired, so you'll have to do all connections by IP.

John Floren
--
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -- Shakespeare, Henry VI