* [9fans] APE exit()
@ 2007-01-09 17:44 lucio
From: lucio @ 2007-01-09 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have had qualified success porting the latest release of the
OpenLDAP client tools to APE.  I will raise some of the issues I
encountered in a separate discussion, but I had one really bothersome
problem and I wonder if there is a trivial fix for something I fail to
understand.

It seems that exit() performs a kill() that causes the window in
which, in this case, ldapsearch runs to close.  Using _EXITS(0)
instead, naturally, has the desired effect, but there has to be a more
appropriate fix.  Any suggestions?

++L

PS: I'm trying very hard to consolidate all the various adjustments I
have made to APE and the release software into a single offering.
Sadly, the scope is rather wide and I too often lose track of which
change had which effect.

What I will continue to do is to post copies of the development stuff
on sources (contrib/proxima) although I cannot vouch that older
postings will still be viable if I have not looked at them for a
while.

I am documenting what I feel is important and will be posting here a
couple of RFCs as soon as I have an infrastructure that is more stable
than right now.