* [9fans] screen "wobble"
@ 2009-01-29 18:43 john
From: john @ 2009-01-29 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been fiddling around with my netbooting terminal lately and have
noticed that when connected to my Sun monitor the picture tends to
"wobble".  That is, it looks as though a wave is passing up the screen
about every second, slightly distorting the picture.  I created a
custom /lib/vgadb entry for my monitor (a Sun CPD-4410 CRT) based on
values I gathered with xvidtune, but while it works fine under Linux,
my eyes are aching from the few minutes of using it with Plan 9.  I am
attempting to run at 1600x1200x32; the vgadb entry follows.

#
# Sony CPD-4410 CRT
#
cpd-4410=1600x1200
	defaultclock=161.00
	shb=1664 ehb=1856 ht=2160
	vrs=1201 vre=1204 vt=1250

Any ideas what's going wrong here?  Oh, and I have an nvidia video
card, if that helps.

John Floren

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-01-29 18:43 UTC | newest]