* Re: [9fans] Alpha
@ 2004-04-23 16:35 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-23 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>> Geoff Collyer<geoff@collyer.net> 4/23/2004 1:56:29 AM >>>
>My alpha seems to be broken.

What is "broken"?  Hardware, or the software doesn't work correctly?

>There didn't seem to be much advantage to Plan 9 on the Alpha aside
>from floating point speed and a non-x86 CPU.

That's plenty good enough for me!!

* [9fans] Alpha
@ 2004-04-23  7:26 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-23  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone run Plan 9 on the Alpha?  I know that the Alpha platform must be booted via bootp/tftp.  Must these services be running on another Plan 9 system, or can I simply compile the bootloader and kernel, and move them over to another platform to be served up under another OS?  I simply can't afford to keep another Plan 9 system around to boot the Alpha...

Thanks in advance for any tips