* RE: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27  9:03 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-11-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

OK, this was dumb. I actually managed to send
two mails before I started thinking.

Thou shalt not send any mail before thy wakeup
coffee.

Tiit

* Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27 17:13   ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-11-27 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rm /srv/unprotected works fine.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3250 bytes --]

From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:32:34 -0700 (MST)

Is it possible to 'undo' the srv command? Say if a script is used to run
replica it could tell fossil to create /srv/replica with -AWP, run pull,
remove /srv/replica and tell fossil to remove the posted fd.

Running replica on an -AWP-ed fossil fd is really preferable, since things
like yesterday permissions changes just don't work in a situation where
I do a pull with my user being a member of the sys group. In my case
replica was unable to modify the permissions of the files in antiword/
because they are owned by my user locally and by sys on sources, so
fossil wouldn't allow a chmod.

andrey

@ 2003-11-27  8:51 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-11-27  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

s/open/write/

Lousy bony fingers! (Grim Fandango)

* RE: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27  8:47 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-11-27  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone who can open
/srv/fscons has unlimited access to the file system?

Tiit

* Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27  1:24             ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-27  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> we were talking about the fossil command "srv", which is described in
> fossilcons(8), that's where I had pasted the comment from.

Ahaha, no, I've not read enough of fossil related.
It's your work, not myself, sorry. ☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27  1:08         ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-27  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I admit the manual page might not be as clear as it could be.
from man page of srv;
          -d   Enable debugging.

What does this mean 'debugging' in this case?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-27  0:24           ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-11-27  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-11-26 22:04       ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-11-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-11-26 21:57     ` mirtchov
From: mirtchov @ 2003-11-26 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Do you mean
> 	srv -d /srv/replica
> ?

Is that it?  I'm somewhat adverse to trying random undocumented
options since they manage to crash my system with astounding
regularity (case in point: "fsys main srv -AWP replica", the command
line suggested in the original email by Presotto, silently hung my
fossil requiring a reboot).

Here's what the man page says:

          srv [ -APWdp ] name

then later:

          Srv behaves like listen but uses /srv/name rather than a
          network address.  With the -p flag, srv edits a list of con-
          sole services rather than 9P services.  See the [fsys] open
          command below for a description of the -APW options.

To be honest to the man page, the -d flag is explained in the case of
'listen' and should be obvious to anyone with half a brain who read it
thoroughly, sadly this is not the case with me :)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-26 21:43   ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-11-26 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Do you mean
	srv -d /srv/replica
?

@ 2003-11-26 21:32 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-11-26 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-11-24 14:18 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-11-24 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: t.lankots, 9fans

with the new fossil (after you get past your linker problems) you can say
'fsys main srv -AWP unprotected' (actually pick your own name).  This
will create a /srv/unprotected for the same file system you are currently
using.  You can then mount that and use it to get unprotected access.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2279 bytes --]

From: "Tiit Lankots" <t.lankots@aprote.ee>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:27:46 +0200

This is probably an exceptionally dumb course of
actions, but I got my fossil crashed and burned
rather nicely by opening the same device twice,
one of them with permission checking off.

I should've halted one of them, shouldn't I?

Tiit

* [9fans] fossil+fossi=suicide
@ 2003-11-24 10:27 Tiit Lankots