* [9fans] troff, ms and header margin
@ 2005-01-18  8:20 mtg
From: mtg @ 2005-01-18  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I have a small problem with troff and the ms makro.  I need a big
header margin on the first page.  I try:

.nr HM 5i
Hello

and

.nr HM 5i
.PP
Hello

and then run troff -ms demo.ms | lp -dstdout > demo.ps.  I don't get a
5i header margin.  It looks like, that my setting is ignored and troff
only use the default. How do I get a bigger header margin?

Thanks, for any hint.
Matthias

* Re: [9fans] troff, ms and header margin
@ 2005-01-18  9:12 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2005-01-18  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Strange, it works when I try it:

	term% cat demo.ms
	.nr HM 5i
	Hello
	term% troff -ms demo.ms|lp -dstdout >demo.ps
	term% grep Hello demo.ps
	(Hello) 720 3720 w
	term% hoc -e 3720/720
	5.166666666667

Is there anything in your input file before the '.nr HM 5i'?  Are your
copies of troff, tmac.s and gs up to date?

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] troff, ms and header margin
@ 2005-01-18  9:50     ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-01-18  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Yes a wrong comment. Thanks, now it works.

i suspected it.  various macros etc pull in stuff and reset registers etc ...

* Re: [9fans] troff, ms and header margin
@ 2005-01-18 10:47   ` mtg
From: mtg @ 2005-01-18 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is there anything in your input file before the '.nr HM 5i'?  Are your

Yes a wrong comment. Thanks, now it works.

> copies of troff, tmac.s and gs up to date?

I should this update to.

Thanks for help
Matthias